Activism and Protest Resources
- American Student Protest Timeline: Student Activism: http://studentactivism.net/2014/12/04/american-student-protest-timeline-2014-15/
- Campus Activism: http://www.campusactivism.org/
- Popular Resistance (Daily movement News and Resources): https://www.popularresistance.org/the-renaissance-of-student-activism/
- The United States Student Association: http://usstudents.org/ is the country’s oldest, largest, and most inclusive national student-led organization, develops current and future leaders and amplifies the student voice at the local, state, and national levels by mobilizing grassroots power to win concrete victories on student issues.
- Students Active for Ending Rape: http://www.safercampus.org/
All students have the right to a safe campus, free of sexual violence. SAFER empowers students to hold their universities accountable for having strong campus sexual assault policies and programming. We’re here to help you organize for change.
Free Speech Related Resources:
- Center for Campus Free Speech: http://www.campusspeech.org/
- Student Press Law Center (SPLC): http://www.splc.org/ Serves as an advocate for student First Amendment rights, for freedom of online speech, and for open government on campus. The SPLC provides information, training and legal assistance at no charge to student journalists and the educators who work with them.
- Free Speech Movement Digital Archive: http://bancroft.berkeley.edu/FSM/
- The Free Speech Movement (FSM) Digital Archives document the role of Mario Savio and other participants in the Free Speech Movement (University of California, Berkeley, September-December 1964), as well as its origins in political protest and civil rights movements and its legacy of political activism and educational reform that can be traced throughout the country and the world down to the present. Please consult the FSM-A (Free Speech Movement Archives) for additional information on the history and activities of the FSM.
- College Is Wildly Exploitative: Why Aren’t Students Raising Hell? By David Masciotra / AlterNet June 25, 2015 , http://www.alternet.org/college-wildly-exploitative-why-arent-students-raising-hell