Contested Spaces: Definitions
Contested Spaces: Events, Petitions, Protests, vigils,
- Academic Courses and Events:
- Co-curricular events: Co-curricular refers to activities, programs, and learning experiences that complement, in some way, what students are learning in school.
- Events: noun 1. Something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence, especially one of some importance. 2. The outcome, issue, or result of anything.
- Memorials: A memorial is an object which serves as a focus for memory of something, usually a person (who has died) or an event. Popular forms of memorials include landmark.
- Petitions- A petition is a request to do something, most commonly addressed to a government official or public entity. Petitions to a deity are a form of prayer called supplication. An earnest request: entreaty 2 a: a formal written request made to an official person or organized body (as a court) b: a document.
- Protests: noun 1. An expression or declaration of objection, disapproval, or dissent, often in opposition to something a person is powerless to prevent or avoid.
- Vigils: an event or a period of time when a person or group stays in a place and quietly waits, prays, etc., especially at night—usage, synonyms, more.